Dr. Mark Ventocilla, OD, FAAO - Owner
Dr. Ventocilla has enjoyed helping patients see better since graduating from the UC Berkeley, School of Optometry in 1994. He completed a Pediatric Optometry Residency at Berkeley in 1995 and was a faculty member at the University of Michigan Department of Ophthalmology from 1995-2002. He presently continues as an Adjunct Clinical Professor with the Michigan College of Optometry.
Some of his optometric awards and publications include:
- UCBSO Gold Retinoscope
- 2005 American Optometric Association Contact Lens and Cornea Roger Kame Award
- 2004 Michigan Young Optometrist of the Year
- Multiple chapters for Web MD including Specialty Contact Lenses and Contact Lens Complications
- Past Editor of AOA Contact Lens and Cornea Newsletter
- Current Editor of the Ocular Surface Society of Optometry Newsletter
In his spare time, Dr. Ventocilla enjoys spending time with his wife Phyllis and their four children. He is fluent in Spanish and has led volunteers in providing eye care in Mexico, Peru, Haiti and the Philippines.